Warwick Hockey Club
We are an energetic and family orientated hockey club with thriving Men's, Women's and Junior's sections as well as social teams including Mixed and Veterans.
Meet our teams and find out more about our Club.
We welcome new members, so why not come and join us.
Exercise, Socialize, Energize!
Other Club news:
- Umpire coaching update evening - 21st September at our club house. For all current, training and prospective umpires, all team captains and any other interested members. Get there for 6pm, should be finished for 8pm.
- Early notice for Dates for your diaries! Our Social Sec's are planning a full programme of social events starting this summer. Any volunteers to help will be appreciated, contact Harriet, Izzy, Tristan or Phil. (Updated 08/08/8)
- Sports Club Fireworks event - 2nd November
- Battle of the teams - date tbc
- Christmas party - 8th December
- Quiz Night - 2nd February
- Other social TBC - 2nd March
- End of Season dinner - 6th April tbc
- Well done to Lizzy Pocknell for making into the Mercia lynx U15 Futures Cup squad. Fantastic achievement. The Futures Cup supports national age group selection and is competed for by 4 teams made up from the regions of England.
- Well done to George Holding for being selected for the u18 England Red team to play against two other England teams, Ulster and Scotland at the School Games in Loughborough at the end of August.
- Three Warwick members volunteered at the Women’s Hockey World Cup in London recently. Marije Tunnicliffe was in hospitality, Elizabeth Holding in Hockey Maker Services and James Taylor was Team Liason for the Korean team.
- Congratulations to David Harris who played for England Master O60s to win a silver medal in the World Masters in Spain.
- Help with Juniors wanted! Dave Lomas and Paul Williams are looking for some help with the juniors. Example roles include: Help with registering juniors as they arrive on training nights, or helping on tournament days with general on the day logistics, admin or drinks and snacks, etc. Please contact Dave or Paul if you can help out, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Published 28/05/16)
If you have any items for club news please email to email@example.com
Previously published news items can be found here.
The welfare of our club members and visitors to our club is important to us. Our welfare and disciplinary officer is Kirstin Bryce who can be contacted on email firstname.lastname@example.org. Club members can get Kirstin's phone contact details from our members website.
Check out some of our recently updated pages:
Just in case you hadn’t heard, Ellen sadly has lost her battle with her leukaemia. Her funeral will be taking place on Friday 14th September at 11.30am at Wigan Crematorium. Please think of her and her family at that time and of what a lovely lady and great inspiration she has been to all of us at the club.
A formidable opponent at both hockey and tennis, & extremely competitive, Ellen was still playing tennis into her 80s - even at club level, until she left Warwick a couple of years ago. She served on the committee for many years and volunteered at numerous club events. And, for some of you Warwickian and Leamingtonians, she may well have helped bring you into the world in her career as midwife!
The Sports Club will be having a collection in aid of a charity and no doubt there will be a permanent reminder of her contribution to the club in due course.
Order new club kit
Stevie Gibson is coordinating our club kit with AKUMA. Follow this link to our club kit page where you can view the items and download an order form
We cater for players of all abilities, providing excellent coaching and playing opportunities,
so contact us now to find out more.
Café Rouge and Las Iguanas are our lead sponsors for the 2018/19 Season.
Las Iguanas is the latest brand to join Casual Dining Group and in turn have kindly agreed along with their stable mate – Café Rouge to sponsor Warwick Hockey Club in the 2018/19 season. The on going sponsorship with Café Rouge Leamington Spa has been hailed a huge success for both parties. This unique partnership has enabled the Club to purchase 295 junior and senior member yellow training tops, as well as the support to attempt and successfully gain a Guinness World Record in September 2017 for ‘the most players in a hockey exhibition match’. The record was 257 and now stands at 367 proudly held between Warwick Hockey Club, Warwick School and King’s High, Warwick. Undoubtedly, this exposure has raised the profile of the restaurant chain across the Midlands, but also meant that no one can miss Warwick Hockey Club players when we arrive for a match or training session. The inclusion of Las Iguanas, know for its authentic and fresh South American dishes and range of premium cocktails, as a sponsor with its local venue also in Leamington Spa will be popular with our growing student and young at heart, fun loving members of the Club. This year the Club is offering a dual discount card of 25% off all food at both Café Rouge and Las Iguanas for all members. Please ask our social secretaries on how to obtain one of these highly sought after cards.
We are proud to have Café Rouge Leamington Spa and Las Iguanas Leamington Spa , as our Lead Sponsors for 2018/19. Click on either restaurant to go to their website for more details to enjoy some café culture or Latin life!
Play hockey the right way
Make new friends
Making the most of our Club